Friday, July 10, 2009

But First: the route to doing one simple task

I need to side-dress my veggies with some Cal-Phos, and with the weather forecast calling for a warm & sunny day, now is a good time to do it. But First, I need to put part of the 40 pound bag of Cal-Phos into a smaller container so I can carry it to the garden. But First I need to scrub out a bucket… Might as well scrub out all the buckets if I’m going to drag out the hose and a scrub brush…

But First I need to take the buckets to the dump and empty them; they are full of non-compostible debris. But First I need to go to town and fill my gas tank so I can make it to the dump and back. And, if I’m going to town I may as well pick up a few groceries and save an extra trip. But First I need to balance my checkbook to see how much money I have available.

If I’m going to town, I have to change these clothes. But First I need a shower… But First I have to wait for our old, slow water heater to re-heat from the 2 showers just taken by my sis and my niece. While I’m waiting for the water to heat up, I may as well do a load of laundry since I just use cold water for most of my laundry anyway. But First I should change my sheets since I don’t have enough for a full load of laundry.

All my linens are in a huge stack I didn’t put away when I started cleaning out the closets several days ago. I need to put those away so I can get to the sheets. But First I need to reline the linen-closet shelves, and I am not sure to find my shelf paper. I have several unpacked boxes in the shed, and it’s in one of them. But First I have to find where I put the key to the shed…

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is a classic! Love it... it's my life all over again. ROFL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.