Thursday, July 16, 2009

Great Potato Experiment Update


So far, the results are 50-50 as far as growth. Here's the original post.

All of the fingerlings planted June 15 on straw in tires over weed-cloth have finally sprouted. There were times I had my doubts, though. The covering is new straw, and just a small amount of dry grass clippings.


None of the fingerlings planted on grass clippings on top of weed-cloth have sprouted, at least not through the grass so I can see. Their covering is only grass clippings. Both plantings have received enough water not to dry out for more than a day, both have been fertilized with a liquid fertilizer, and neither is in any dirt.

I have hopes of a decent, if small, fingerling potato crop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.