Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pasta with fresh broccoli


Everyone knows broccoli is good for you… and because I also happen to love broccoli, I planted some this year in my garden. I actually had a few plants last year but they fared poorly and produced no broccoli.

I planted only a few this year and I am grateful they have grown and produced some broccoli I can eat! I’m still working to improve my soil and experimenting to see what grows well.
I'm not as pleased overall as I hoped by the broccoli I'm growing now, and I'm thinking I will try some broccoli raab next time.

Today I harvested a couple of heads including the one pictured above, and tonight for supper I’m having a pasta dish with sautéed broccoli florets. (Sorry, the photo of the pasta dish isn’t mine… my camera battery is busy charging.)


Garlic Pasta & Broccoli by Rex Roof

It’s a quick and easy dish… I like a small flat pasta like fettuccine for this kind of dish. Just cook up some pasta al dente, toss it with some olive oil and add broccoli florets sautéed in olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle generously with some freshly ground black pepper, and if you like, shave some fresh Parmesan over it. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.