Saturday, January 23, 2010

Phooee...

Well, my 'puter is back up and running just fine again. Unfortunately I lost some folders full of files. They just went poof from my desktop. The folders included one with notes on ideas for this blog, and one with sketches for a cottage industry making inoculated biochar to sell.

About half the files can be slowly rebuilt, and photos that I've emailed can be sent back to me. The big loss is a bunch of genealogy files that will take me months to re-capture.

The loss wasn't from a hard drive crash; my drive never crashed. It was only part of the stuff on my desktop and It happened in the rebuild of Firefox, my favorite browser. Naturally I hadn't done a recent back-up either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.