Sunday, September 12, 2010

Open-Face Broiled Tomato & Havarti Sandwiches


Here's my Last Hurrah to summer tomatoes, a tasty new take on the old grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. The tomato is a German Johnson Pink heirloom, a very tasty slicer. This one weighed 2 pounds!

Sliced hearty bread, 1-2 slices per person
Dijonnaise (mayonnaise mixed with Dijon mustard)
Havarti cheese, sliced thick
Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
Dill, fresh if possible

Preheat boiler. Spread bread slices with Dijonnaise (I used mayo and Country Dijon); top with sliced tomatoes. Add thick-sliced Havarti and sprinkle with dill. Place under the broiler and toast until cheese melts and the tomatoes are warm. Serve immediately. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I had to give this a try, it looked so good. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Mine was better than it looked... I'm such a terrible photographer.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.