Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Join Me in the Uncheese Party

The FDA is trying very hard to kill our nation’s local Real Food supply. This is the time for us, the people who grow and/or consume wholesome real foods to stand up and say ‘Enough!!".

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know I promote and back Real Food 100%. I eat as much Real Food as the Government allows in my state, which isn't as much as I'd prefer to eat. I would prefer to buy and use nutritionally superior raw milk, and raw milk products, from a dairy (hopefully local, with good sanitation) but the government says I have no right to make that choice.

I've been following the increasing number of FDA food raids in the recent months, knowing I am helpless to do anything except to rail against the PTB (Powers That Be), and Vote. Now, I can actually DO a small part to help a family the government has chosen to ruin, the family who owns Morningland Dairy.

Morningland Dairy (in Missouri) has been making raw milk cheese for 30 years, with not one person becoming ill from their products. Now the government has mandated the destruction of 50,000 pounds of their cheese without any actual testing of the cheese. If you are not familiar with the situation, read here.

We cannot do anything about that particular batch of cheese, but we can help the family to overcome the financial loss in the hopes that sane minds might somehow prevail, and the family can once again make and sell healthy raw milk cheese. 

The Uncheese Party is running a campaign to raise the amount of money the family is losing, to help them from also losing the dairy. A contribution of $5 will 'buy' one pound of 'uncheese'... not actual cheese of course, but compensation for one pound of cheese. As broke as I always am at the end of the month, I still managed just now to 'purchase' some Uncheese. Won't you do the same?

Click here to lend your support to: Uncheese Party and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !

2 comments:

  1. That's insane! Is there an address to send a check to? I've become leery of the 'net for money transfers ( among other things), but I'd sure like to help out those good folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's a contact link on the pledge page... I sent mine through PayPal because I don't know the site they use that has no charges for money transfers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.