Friday, July 27, 2012

Chive Blossom Vinegar, Pretty in Pink


Chive Blossom vinegar is easy to make, and the taste in a vinaigrette on salads is wonderful. I just take a handful of chive blossoms and put them in a jar with champagne vinegar. (I like that better than most store-bought vinegars as it's fairly mild. I have to buy a case of 4 gallons to get a good price, but it lasts a long time and I use it as a base for other flavored vinegars.)

The more chive blossoms I use, the darker the pink color will be, along with the chive taste. I let mine sit in a dark cool place for about 2 weeks, then strain into sterilized bottles/jars.

ps, I'm planning to make some blackberry vinegar soon... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about my posts! We all learn together.